Sunday, November 27, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is a time where we reflect on all that we are thankful for, and this year as with every year we have so much to be thankful for.  As I reflect on all our blessings of 2016 I realize so many of those things I am so grateful for also have many other people in the back ground.

I am so blessed to have three wonderful children and as I continue my journey as a stay at home mom I am fully realizing it takes a village to raise children; so there are several people I want to call out.

I am so thankful for my wonderfully supportive husband who sacrifices day in and out to provide for us and make sure we have everything we need and want and does so without hesitation. Who comes home exhausted after a long day  and immediately takes on the role of "best dad in the world." I am forever grateful for all that he does and admire his patience and dedication to our family, even when he has given so much of himself outside the home.

I am thankful for my wonderful mother who has been a life saver, physically, emotionally and spiritually. I know that the last year has had its struggles but she is always willing to take the girls when I need a break; and She is always a phone call away when I need someone to talk to. There are truly no words I can say that will express my gratitude to her.

I am thankful to my Dad, who despite his health scare earlier this year keeps going and complains less than a rock (literally the man never complains) and takes what life deals him and does so with optimism, gratitude, and a smart ass remark. I look forward to our Thursdays together and the girls always enjoy their "Papa time"

I am thankful for my In-Laws, who are willing to drop just about anything if we need something, from a 6 AM phone call to come sit with the girls when I went into labor, to helping me clean my house because we have visitors coming and it has been a crazy week, and everything in between.

I am thankful for my friend Susan, who over the last year and a half I have come to rely on more than even she realizes.  She is my much needed adult conversations and evenings out when the days all blur together. I always enjoy our conversations, her positivity is something I envy, but at the same time it is the exact type of person I want to be around.

I am thankful for our Doctor and nurses that work tireless hours and give up time with their family to make sure that mine is healthy and well taken care of; and for never making me feel like the over bearing parent who brings their kids in for every sniffle (even if that is exactly what it is) :)

Last, but certainly not least I am thankful for my Children - There truly are no words I could use to express how amazing they are to me. I love watching each one of them develop their own personalities, I love that they are strong headed and opinionated (except when they use it against me), I love the sweet innocent way they discover the word, the way that they love each other, and they way that they trust and love so easily - even when I may not deserve it.

There are so many more people I could and should mention but there would never be an end to this post, so to all who have touched our lives Thank you, and we appreciate all you do for us.

Happy Thanksgiving
<3 Jacque

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Gifts for your Amazing Teacher

πŸŽ„πŸŽ…2018 Teacher Christmas Gift IdeasπŸŽ„πŸŽ… When My kids started school I wanted to find the perfect teacher gift, because let's ...